Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Making my own sunshine

Daily Gratitude

I'm shining today because I'm grateful for:
  • The uplifted and peaceful feeling I have when I play my piano. In the past, practice was part of my daily routine. There's no good reason why it shouldn't be now. Sadly, I just plain forget. Yet, when I do play, I feel centered and happy. Thinking I need to add back the 30 minutes of play to my day.
  • Friday morning phone visits with my mom. Through good times, through bad times, my Friday morning check-in with mom is a constant. Sure, there are weeks that one of us isn't available because she's at the ocean taking art classes or I'm engaged in some meeting or another. For the most part, Friday morning at 8:00 I call and listen for her happy hello. We never know where the conversation will go and it's a wonderful thing.
  • Yaktrax! This morning I didn't fall when walking on snow covered ice while walking Eddie. And, that's something to be very grateful for! My little dog is ever anxious to explore the morning. He pulls and jumps (I know, not well leash trained). This behavior is not conducive to snowy hills and streets blanketed to conceal the ice below. Donning my Yaktrax allows him to jump and dart as he pleases.

Making my own sunshine


When it's cloudy and grey, bring your own sunshine. Today I need an extra dose. Maybe these sunny images will help!







Ahhhhh, yes! That feels much better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment