Sunday, November 4, 2012

Have I told you how much I love my bed?

Daily Gratitude

I'm shining today because I'm grateful for:
  • An extra hour of daylight. Yay, Daylight Savings ended!
  • The Aveda Body Balancing Mist sitting next to my computer. It's made of organic lavender, balsam, and lemon oils. I love how it lifts my mood and makes me feel well balanced.
  • Pinterest. I think... I am a bit addicted. It's sure fun! 

Oh... I love my bed


At the top of my gratitude list I often state that I'm grateful for a restful night's sleep. For the most part, I am blessed with a good seven to eight hours a night. I wake in the morning ready for the day. I like to think it's mostly due to the fact that I "know" I'm going to have that kind of rest. Or, it could be because of my bed.

There are a few beds in my house. I've slept in them all, you know, just to see what they're like. This one I love dearly. It was my great-grandpa's bed.


Grandpa's bed sits in my loft where it shares space with my library and office. Waking in the morning, one can look around and see a few hundred books colored with light from a stained glass window. Sally cat has claimed this bed as hers. I like this bed.

There is another bed in the house. This one is in my piano room. I took the head- and foot-boards off because the room is so small. 


The bed has a cozy down comforter and the pillows are amazing. Topping the bed is an afgan my grandma crocheted me when I graduated from high school. Sleeping in this room is a colorful treat. The walls are pumpkin and terra cotta, which are offset by touches of teal and aqua. The piano parallels the bed and makes for a rich, earthy feel. I like this bed. 

But...


This is the bed that I love. At the end of the day I pull back the covers and get into this bed. The other beds are great. The rooms they're in are decorated and rather feminine. Funny, mine isn't. I mean, my room is decorated, but it's rather simple. Just a great big (huge!) Mission-style dresser with a mirror, a bed-side table, and... my bed. 

I'm not sure what I do at night, but every morning the pillows are pushed up and I wake with my head cradled. Ahhhhh. It's pure heaven.


My bedding is simple, too. Just layers of aqua, covered with a teal bed spread. And, yes, I'm a bed-maker. First thing I roll out of bed and pull the covers into place. Simple, nothing fussy or ornate. Just covers and a couple of pillows. 


Shades of green, brown, and teal comfort me, they surround me every morning when I wake and each night when I crawl in. In this wonderful, cozy place, I dream and rest and dream and dream. It's one of my very favorite places. Those who know me are getting used to my asking...

Have I Told You How Much I Love My Bed? 


1 comment:

  1. Looking at these beds make me want to cozy up with soft pillows and sleep on one of these! I noticed the throw pillows on your grandpa’s bed that look like bags of sugar. ^__^ Cute touch!

    Aniyah Bautista

    ReplyDelete