Friday, March 29, 2013

Sweet treats

Daily Gratitude


Today I'm shining because I'm thankful for:
  • A job well done. Doesn't it feel great when you have a daunting project that you've taken head on. You work hard, maybe harder than you thought you'd have to. Then, it's finished. And, you're pleased with the results. Well, that's how I feel about a writing job I just completed. It feels great. 
  • My best friend's dog, Willie. Debbie's dog was a delightful friend to my family. He'd bound to the door when I arrived, carrying one of his precious toys as an offering. He'd bark for treats. He'd bark for a pat on the head. Willie's old body became too tired to stand on his long legs. He couldn't see well. His teeth were falling out. Other failures where happening as well. Yesterday, Willie went to sleep a sweet, happy dog. He will be missed for a very long time.
  • Bright colors. Yesterday I noticed people were wearing lively shades of green, blue, yellow and other colors. It's spring! And, we're wearing it well. 

Sweet Treats for my Kiddos


As a regular pinner to Pinterest, I see some pretty amazing things. Even though I don't have kids at home these days, I have a Kids Only board that I pin to. Weeks ago I saw a great treat called Trix Krispies and have thought about making them ever since. But, goodness, I couldn't justify making a whole batch of these goodies for myself! So, when Easter plans were being made, I jumped on the opportunity to try the recipe! They were super easy and quite delightful.


Trix Krispies


4 tablespoons butter
4.4 oz. bag mini marshmallows
10 cups Trix cereal

Place the butter and marshmallows in a large glass bowl and pop in the microwave for about 2 to 3 minutes to melt. Stir well. Mix in your Trix cereal and stir. Pour into a large greased pan (9 x 13 or 11 x 11) and press down with a spoon. Cut into squares. Serve with a colorful smile!

***

As I perused the posting for Easter treats, I saw several versions of Easter Bunny Bark. Ok, I had to make that as well. It was even easier than the Trix Krispies! This is my version of the recipe.


Easter Bunny Bark


1 pound white chocolate melting wafers
1 cup thin pretzel sticks, broken in half
1 cup M&M’s in pastel colors
1 cup salted peanuts
Sprinkles

Line a cookie sheet pan with waxed paper. Melt the white chocolate wafers over a pot of simmering water, whisking frequently until melted. Pour the melted chocolate over the prepared sheet pan. Sprinkle the pretzel sticks, M&M's, and peanuts over the chocolate. Mix in with a spatula. Then, spread evenly over the pan. Sprinkle with sprinkles. Let set at room temperature about 1 hour. Cut the bark at room temperature with a sturdy sharp knife. Yummy!

I think my family will gobble up these sweet treats quick like a bunny!

No comments:

Post a Comment