Monday, December 10, 2012

Snow! Beautiful snow!

Daily Gratitude

I'm shining today because I'm grateful for:
  • My grandma's sewing machine. When people think of inheriting their grandmother's stuff, usually images of antiques or mid-century stuff come to mind. Nope, my Grandma had a smokin' hot Bernina that runs like a song, smooth as a hot knife through butter. I'm thrilled to have it and I know she'd love my enthusiasm. Think I'll get going on that quilt I started...
  • The Christmas decorations are up. I love my little tree, jam packed with the kids' ornaments. There are so many now! Each piece has a sweet memory attached. Placing them strategically on the branches is almost a spiritual experience.
  • Anticipation, it's making me wait! The sweet expectation of holiday gatherings, as well as quiet times with each of my children, is filling my head and heart. I love this time of year and am keenly awaiting the days I share with them.

It Snowed and I'm happy!


"I wonder if the snow loves the 
trees and fields, that it kisses 
them so gently? And then it 
covers them up snug, 
you know, with a white quilt; 
and perhaps it says 
"Go to sleep, darlings, 
till the summer comes again." 
~Lewis Carroll 
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Yesterday the skies let down a preview of this morning's dressing. I thought I'd share a few pictures from around the condo, just to spread the Christmas love! 









Snow! Beautiful Snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment